This policy describes how Rebecca Massie (an individual) (“Massie”) collects, uses, and shares personal information.
I. Types of Information Collected
Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
Massie collects the name, and contact information,
personal statement, and photograph of participants.
This information is collected to complete the agreement
between the participant and Massie.
Cookies and first party tracking
are small pieces of information that a website sends to a computer’s
We have a legitimate interest in making our
website operate efficientl.
Cookies and Third Party Tracking
in behavior-based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology
(e.g., a cookie) to collect
information about your use of our website so that they can provide
advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our
website, or on other websites. See our
We have a
legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based advertising and capturing
Massie collects personal information, such as your age
Massie has a legitimate interest in understanding her
users and providing tailored services.
When you use one of our Apps we collect your
location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to
determine your location and your distance from a store that sells our
We have a legitimate interest in understanding
our users and providing tailored services.
In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us
with geo location information.
If you receive email from Massie, she uses
certain tools to capture data related to when you open her message, click on
any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
Massie has a legitimate interest in
understanding how you interact with her communications to you.
If you apply for
a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to
process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your
Social Security Number. Providing this
information is required for employment.
information about current employees to perform our contract of employment, or
the anticipation of a contract of employment with you. In some contexts, we are also required by
law to collect information aboutour
employees. We also have a legitimate
interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force
If you provide us feedback or contact Massie for
support she will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other
content that you send to her, in order to reply.
Massie has a legitimate interest in receiving, and
acting upon, your feedback or issues.
When you sign up for one of Massie’s mailing lists she
collects your email address or postal address.
Massie has a legitimate interest in sharing information
about the Better Because Project.
Massie collects information from your
mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your
device when visiting Massie’s website.
Massie has a legitimate interest in
identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with her
website on their mobile devices.
We collect your name, billing address, shipping
address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place
We use your information to perform our contract
to provide you with productsor services.
In addition to the information that Massie collects from you directly, she may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, partners, her affiliates, or publicly available sources.
II. Use and Processing of Information
- To identify when you visit her website.
- To provide services.
- To improve her services.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment, opportunities, or other requests.
- To send promotional materials, including information relating to her services.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage her relationships.
Although the sections above describe Massie's primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations she has more than one purpose. As a result, her collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, her need to perform an agreement with you, her obligations under law, and/or her legitimate interest in conducting her affairs.
III. Sharing of Information
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. Massie may ask if you would like her to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. Massie may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. She may also share your information in order to establish or exercise her rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of her policies, or to comply with your requests or for the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. Massie may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help her to administer her website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
IV. Your Choices
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, Massie will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that she has about you.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. Typically Massie retains your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long Massie keeps a specific type of information, or request that she delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law Massie will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations she must keep your personal information to comply with her legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce her agreements, or for another purpose.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to Massie’s use of your personal information by contacting her at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. Massie’s website does not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Informational Emails. You may choose to provide Massie with your email address for the purpose of allowing her to send free newsletters, surveys, and other materials to you. You can stop receiving these informational emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive informational emails, she may still send you service related communications.
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then Massie may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, Massie may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires her to do so, or if she is unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
V. How Personal Information is Protected.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While Massie uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, she cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that she is required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information she may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. Massie has no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that she do not own.
VII. Contact Information
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning these privacy practices please contact Massie at the appropriate address below. She will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.Email Massie at email@example.com
About the Policy
Last Revised: 05/13/2019
Effective Date: 05/13/2019